Contracted Herpes From a Sexual Encounter?
- See a doctor: If you suspect that you have herpes, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor can diagnose herpes through a physical examination and by conducting laboratory tests. They can also provide you with information about the virus, its transmission, and your options for treatment.
- Get tested: Your doctor can perform a blood test to determine if you have herpes. It is important to get tested as soon as possible after you suspect that you may have been exposed to the virus, as the tests are most accurate during the early stages of infection.
- Talk to your sexual partner(s): If you have been sexually active, it is important to inform any recent sexual partners that you have been diagnosed with herpes . This will help to prevent the further spread of the virus and will allow your partners to seek medical attention if necessary.
- Practice safe sex: Herpes can be transmitted through sexual contact, so it is important to practice safe sex to reduce the risk of transmission. This may include using condoms, avoiding sexual contact during outbreaks, and avoiding sexual contact with areas of the body that are infected.
- Manage symptoms: If you have herpes, you can manage your symptoms with antiviral medications and other treatments prescribed by your doctor. It is also important to practice good hygiene, such as keeping the affected area clean and dry, to reduce the risk of infection and to manage symptoms.
- Take care of your mental health: Being diagnosed with herpes can be a traumatic experience, and it is important to take care of your mental health. This may involve seeking support from friends and family, talking to a mental health professional, or joining a support group.
- Educate yourself: Herpes can be a confusing and often misunderstood virus. It is important to educate yourself about the virus and its transmission so that you can make informed decisions about your health and well-being.
- Seek legal advice: In some cases, individuals may choose to seek legal advice if they believe that they contracted herpes from a partner who did not disclose their status. An attorney can provide you with information about your legal rights and options and can represent you in a lawsuit if necessary.
Our Legal Team Has Extensive Experience Handling Complex STD Cases
Levine & Blit LLP is a specialized law firm dedicated to helping individuals who have been infected with sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) as a result of another person’s malicious or reckless behavior. Our team of experienced attorneys is dedicated to fighting for the rights of those who have been wronged and to help secure the compensation they deserve.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that STDs can take on a person’s life. That’s why we work tirelessly to hold those who have knowingly or recklessly transmitted STDs accountable for their actions. Whether you were infected through sexual contact, sharing needles, or any other means, our firm is here to help you get the justice you deserve. We have a deep understanding of the medical and legal aspects of STD transmission and are dedicated to fighting for your rights every step of the way.
At Levine & Blit LLP, we believe that everyone deserves access to quality medical care and treatment. Our goal is to help you secure the compensation you need to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, and any other damages you have suffered as a result of your STD. We understand that each case is unique, and we work closely with our clients to understand their individual needs and to create a personalized legal strategy that is tailored to their specific circumstances.
If you or someone you know has been infected with an STD as a result of another person’s behavior, our firm is here to help.
Contact us today to schedule a free, confidential consultation and to learn more about your legal options. Let us help you secure the justice you deserve.
FIGHTING FOR EMPLOYEES
ALL OVER CALIFORNIA
Learn how our respected employment law attorneys can help you fight for justice after being treated improperly by an employer. Call our Los Angeles office at (310) 281-0100 and we will evaluate your case over the phone. You may also fill out our contact form and expect a prompt response from a member of our firm. We serve clients throughout the state of California.
LOS ANGELES OFFICE
Levine & Blit LLP
6300 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Phone: (310) 281-0100
Fax: (310) 281-0140